This module will provide the student with an overview of operational amplifiers and their characteristics. The student will learn basic op amp configurations such as inverting and non inverting amplifiers, as well as summing amplifiers and comparators. An introduction to analogue to digital converters is also presented in this module. Integrators, differentiators, oscillators and active filters are included emphasizing real world control applications.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- List three characteristics of an ideal op amp.
- Define slew rate.
- Describe the purpose of feedback in op amp circuits.
- Determine the voltage gain of inverting and n on inverting amplifiers.
- Explain the purpose of voltage followers.
- Name two applications of summing amplifiers.
- Describe the basic operation of a comparator.
- List two types of op amp voltage regulators.
- Determine resonant frequency of an oscillator.
- Name three types of multi vibrators.